We’ve added something for our members that just might be unique in our industry … we call it the “Sandbox”. It’s a special web hosting space that you create, a web hosting space where you can “Upload” your web site via FTP … to either ‘test’ online… or for our ‘tech’ support folks to take a look at if you find yourself in a situation where you can’t figure out what went wrong.
Something our tech support folks have learned for the most part, that the auto industry has known pretty much since the first Model T rolled off the assembly line
“If you can’t see it, you can’t fix it”
Probably 1 in 5 troubleshooting support requests that we receive through the ticket center require a hands on approach… No matter how hard you try to describe the symptoms or the problem, it takes a real human being to look at your site, and troubleshoot.
Just like the automobile industry… you may be able to phone your mechanic and describe a problem with your vehicle, but you still won’t be able to fix it unless you bring it into the garage… The same goes for websites… you may be able to describe the problem… but there could be many reasons for things going off the rails and for the most part we don’t really want our members to sit infront of their computers pulling their hair out trying to fix something that is often times… easy to spot if you know what you’re looking for. Which is where the “Sandbox” hosting space comes in.
You create the “Sandbox” hosting space.
You publish your website via FTP to your “Sandbox” hosting space.
Our tech support folks will take a look once published and try to help troubleshoot.
Typically this is only required if our support staff have requested you do so… as the answer or solution to your problem is not apparent or obvious through reading your support request.
If we have requested that you publish your site for our tech support folks to take a look at we do so at no cost to you… this is our way of trying to ‘above and beyond’ as we understand that building a website comes with a learning curve, and not everyone has the experience to troubleshoot when things go wrong.
With that said… to set up your “Sandbox” hosting space
- log into your www.i3dthemes.com members account
- Click on the “My Purchases” tab
- Click on the “Support” link under the “My Purchases” tab
- Click on your products thumbnail image
- Now, you’ll be looking at the Management Panel… you should see a section in the top right of the page titled “Web Hosting Information” with an “Activate” button below it
- Click the “Activate” button… give the system a few seconds to create your Sandbox hosting space
- Open your website in your web editor or your FTP program
- Create a new location to publish your website into
- Use the FTP information created by the “Activate” button to upload your website to the “Sandbox” web hosting space
- Replay to the support ticket, letting us know that your site has been uploaded