By default, all files within your website are available for visitors to view. If you would like to restrict access to files, you will need to take the following steps.
- Login to the NUMO administrative area (ie http://www.yoursite.com/numo/)
- Click on the “Restrict Access” link option
On the “Restrict Access” page, a listing of the files on your server is listed. You will be able to click on any folder to view the files within them, and restrict access to any files.
To restrict access to a file, select the “Restricted” option from the “Status” drop-down list to the right of the file name.
To grant permissions to view a file, the file must be restricted. Once a file has sbeen restricted, you should see a “[manage]” link option under the “Access Granted” heading to the right of the file name. Clicking on the “[manage]” link will bring up a new window that allows permissions to be granted to view the file.
- Enter a value for the “Link Label” field. This value will be used as the label for the link if it is displayed by the links component (see Components chapter for more information)
- For each account group you would like to grant access to view the file, select the “Yes” option under the “Allow Access” heading
- For each account group you would like to display a link to the file within the links component, select the “Yes” option under the “Show On Menu” heading
- Click the “Save” button to save your changes