Publishing to FTP
- open your website in your web editor
- click on the File menu
- click Publish Site…
- select the 'Remote Web Site' tab, if it's not selected by default
- click the 'FTP' option
- type in the FTP address and the FTP directory ( this information is provided by your web host, usually through the confirmation email when you signed up )
- click the OK button, then enter the FTP username and password ( also provided by your web host )
- once you've successfully entered the FTP username and password, you'll open the 'Publishing panel'
- you may see and index.htm or index.html page on the server already.. this is the default 'under construction' landing page provided by your web host
- if you see an index.htm or index.html page, in the right side window, right click on the page and select 'Delete' to remove it from your FTP server
- now click on the 'Publish Web site' and make sure to leave the default setting of 'Local to remote'
- you'll be able to follow the progress by watching the 'Status' area