- check the default image size and size your replacement images accordingly, for lessons on sizing images, review theWorking with Images lessons.
- import your replacement images into the Site / themed images folder
**note** the biggest troubleshooting issue with image replacement is naming your image file.. use all 'lower' case letters, letters and numbers only, connect multiple words in the file name with a hyphen ( – ) or and underscore ( _ ) as in image_137.jpg NOT Image 137.JPG and make try to use lower case file extensions for the .jpg if you can.
- click on the + next to the Site folder to expand and view it's contents
- click on the + next to the flash folder to expand and view it's contents
- click on the + next to the config folder to expand and view it's contents
- double click on the portfolio.xml page to open in the editing window
- to replace an existing image, just locate the image 'path' in the <image> tag ( a 'path' is the proper term used to describe an images 'hyperlink' )
- expand the Site / themed_images folder
- find your replacement image
- click on the image 'twice' … 'slowly' to enable the 'edit' function
- now, select the 'entire' file name
- right click on the select file name, and select 'Copy', or press ( CTRL+C ) on you keyboard
- now go back to the 'portfolio.xml' page, select the existing file name, then press ( CTRL+V ) to 'paste' the replacement images file name, or just select the default image then click on the (Edit) menu, and select 'Paste'
- you should see the new images file name in the <image> path now
- we recommend that you import your replacement images into the ( Site / themed_images ) folder.. that way you don't need to alter the path too much when replacing the file name.. the 'path' is the hyperlink to your image.. if you do use a different folder to save your images into, make sure to alter the 'path' ( Site/themed_images )
** we highly recommend to our new DW users that you do place your replacement or new images into the (Site / themed_images ) folder only, this will require the least amount of updates.. but if you feel comfortable, experiment away!