Please Note: “Include-files” referenced in this tutorial will now be found within the Library/dreamweaver/menus/ folder.
- before adding a new button, first make sure to create the page you are going to be linking this button too!!!
- click on the + next to the Library folder to expand and view it's contents
- click on the + next to the dreamweaver to expand and view it's pages
- double click on the ( menu_top.htm or menu_side.lbi ) pages to open the page in the editing (design) window
- switch to Design mode
- determine where you want to add your new menu item
- place your mouse between the bullet and the text of the existing menu item that will located to the right of the new menu item ( if this sounds a bit confusing, just experiment to see what happens )
- press the Enter key on your keyboard to create a new list item
- type in your new menu button name
- select the new text with your mouse
- with the new text selected, click on the 'Point to file' hyperlink tool in the 'Properties' panel, and hold/drag the pointer and click on the page you want to link to in the 'Local Files' panel
- the link to page will be displayed in the 'Link' text field of the 'Properties' panel when completed