The single most commonly identifiable elements of any company, the 'logo'. All of our templates include what we call the 'text logo'. Basiclally it's just 'text' styled to suit the template. The text ( usually 'website name' ) is in a transparent image format that is either loaded directly into the web page as a 'transparent PNG' or through flash as a transparent PNG and more recently for our Gen9 templates only, as editalbe text styled by flash. It really doesn't matter which version you have, the purpose is all the same, to lend some sort of identiy to your web site and web pages. There are simple updates you'll want to make such are changing the 'text' in the 'website name' to use your own 'text'. Or you may want to incorporate your own logo graphic into the site or request 'help' from our design group in touching up your own logo ( creating a transparent logo from a non-transparent logo image file ).
- click on the + next to the Site folder to expand and view it’s contents
- click on the + next to the styles folder to expand and view it’s pages
- double click on the ( primary (all) / secondary / minimized ) style sheets to open the page in the editing (design) window
- locate the #logo style
- to position the graphic logo’s vertical position, adjust the ‘top:’ property by using larger or smaller numbers, negative numbers can be used as well
- to position the graphic logo’s horizontal position, adjust the ‘left:’ or ‘right:’ property by using larger or smaller numbers, negative numbers can be used as well
- test with one layout, for example the ‘secondary’ style sheet, update the style sheet, the preview the ‘$_blank_secondary.htm’ page, or any of your secondary layouts
- continue tweaking the positioning, saving the style sheet, and previewing the page in your browser..
- when satisfied, continue with the remaining style sheets and layouts